We host the Boston/Cambridge Election Science Working Group at MIT, a monthly gathering of faculty, graduate students, and other researchers who are interested in the scientific study of elections. The following is a list of anticipated meeting dates (Thursdays from 5-6:30PM) for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- September 8: Beginning of the year meet-and-greet
- October 13: Research-in-progress "lightning rounds" by Stephen Pettigrew (Harvard) and Dan de Kadt (MIT)
- November 17: Post-election "show and tell"
- December 15: Early voting in Massachusetts with Dion Irish (Boston Election Commission) and Andy Dowd (Northborough)
- January 12: Big data and analytics in the 2016 election with Aaron Strauss (Analyst Institute) and Kass DeVorsey (Messina Group)
- February 9: Matthew Masterson (Commissioner, United States Election Assistance Commission) Postponed due to snow
- March 9: Research-in-progress "lightning rounds" by Berj Chilingirian+Zara Perumal and Danny Hidalgo
- April 13: TBA
- May 11: Matthew Masterson (Chair, United States Election Assistance Commission). Reschedule from February.
All meetings are on the MIT campus at the following location:
Millikan Room Building E53, Room 482
30 Wadsworth Street
If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please go to this link and fill out the form with your name and e-mail address.